A delicious and easy casserole to warm you on those cold winter days!
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 carton mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped fine
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey (or chicken) – (about 1 whole chicken)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko
- Paprika to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth; cook, stirring, until heated through. Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, wine, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chicken. Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11×14 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, panko, and paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Note: Freezes beautifully! Freeze before baking, thaw in the fridge 24 hours, and bake as normal.